If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact MusoFinder.
1. The information we gather and track
- Information gathered on registration. When you register for the MusoFinder Service, you provide a username, password, email address, area, age, musician speciality and modest skill level ("Registration Information"). They are available to you, and capable of being changed, through Your Details.
- Cookies. We use small files known as "cookies" to enhance users' experience of the MusoFinder Service as follows:
- To hold Members' login information, so that your details are displayed when you visit the MusoFinder Service. This option can be turned off by unclicking the "Remember Me?" option in the login box.
- To facilitate optimal use of the MusoFinder Service by Members, by means of a temporary "session" cookie. These cookies disappear when the Member's browser session ends, or if the Member clicks the "logoff" text which appears on the MusoFinder Service.
- Third party cookies are used on some parts of the site. They are used for tracking the success of advertising campaigns. These cookies are normally permanent. Blocking of third party cookies by users will not affect the functionality of the website.
2. Sharing and use of information
- Registration Information. Once a Member registers, some or all of the Registration Information held for that Member, except for the email address, will be available on the MusoFinder Service.
- Email through the MusoFinder Service.We do not directly make your email address available to anyone on any screen of the MusoFinder Service. The only legitimate way of making contact with another Member found on the MusoFinder Service is for a Member to enter a message which we will send on the Member's behalf. We will notify the addressee Member, using the email address he/she has provided to us, that MusoFinder is holding an email for him/her, and the Member can collect the email when logged in to the MusoFinder Service. Members may check and (if required) change the email address we hold for them at any time through Your Details. Members' personal notes must not include their email address. Sent and received email may appear in a Member's Inbox on the MusoFinder Service for an indefinite period - we do not delete it after any specific period. However, this does not mean that we will retain your email forever; there may come a time when we will need to delete some or all of it, for technical or other reasons. In this event, we will endeavour to give you advance warning that we are going to do so.
- Advertising. The MusoFinder Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymous demographic data provided by Members to target this advertising more appropriately.
- Newsletters. We have regular and occasional emails, which Members can decide to take or not, according to their preferences. This option is selected through Your Details.
- Credit Card information. There has been a lot of publicity about Credit Card security on the Internet so we have decided to use PayPal. This means that Members' credit card details are never revealed to us. To find out more about their service please visit https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/ua-outside
- Companies in the MusoFinder group. We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with our subsidiaries and other companies in our group, but only for the purposes described in this policy.
- Changes in MusoFinder's business. If all of the assets which MusoFinder uses to operate its business (or substantially all of them) are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party.
- Place of processing. The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorised access to Your Details;
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the MusoFinder Service through the machine that Member uses while they are "logged on" to the MusoFinder Service;
- to log off or exit from the MusoFinder Service when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password secret.
4. Opt-out policyYou may have your registration details removed at any time. To remove yourself please contact us and we will remove all Your Details. We provide Members with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving e-mailed Newsletters which they have previously opted to receive. This opt-out can be affected by following the opt-out instructions and the bottom of our emails.
5. Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate such of a Member's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
6. Data Retention Period
7. Contacting MusoFinder
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with MusoFinder, you can contact us. You can also use this address if you wish to request from MusoFinder a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data. Please note that by English law we are entitled to charge you a small sum for providing this information.
8. Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. MusoFinder is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites.
9. Data Protection Information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.